Freedman, Alfred Isaac
(memorial plaque Merthyr T Synagogue now in the Ohel)
Notes: One of the largest Jewish cemeteries in South Wales. The grounds were purchased in the 1860's with some reports suggesting that the first burial took place in 1867 and others in Feb 1872. A plaque over the Ohel door dated Dec 1898 states that Mrs Jacobs paid £50 for erection of this building in memory of her husband Abraham Jacobs.