Opened in 1854 and closed after the first world war due to fear of bombs in the undergrowth. It was cleared of bombs, tidied and then became a garden of rest. In 1959 the council lifted the headstones and buried them under turf before turning the cemetery into a recreational park.
There are no headstones remaining.
Further information can be found under Cemetery Histories